P.C. to Nicole Rose

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Week of firsts

1) My first Earthquake - which we felt while tracting. At first we thought that it was someone coming to the door, but then the furniture was moving on the porch. We kinda just stood there and looked at each other. It cracked the Washinton monument and broke the spires on the DC temple!
2) First Hurricane - We just got hit by the edge, but it was still a little winding and rainy. The frequent winter showers back home were worse. Of course it was much worse on the coast with flooding and what not. However we are definitely prepared for a major event incase something happens closer to home. We were asked about a month ago to have our emergancy supplies updated.
3) Loaned 17 copies of the Book of Mormon! - As exciting as that is, it was. I had never loaned that many copies before, and so hopefully more teaching will result.
I have pictures to send home, but these computers at the library are REALLY slow and dont wanna really load anything, so I'm going to send them home on a SD card again once I get enough of them!
Not too much else happening. We are starting to have a lot more success as I said with the loaning of the Book of Mormons. We also started teaching 5 new people this week. Theyre all pretty sweet. Plenty of challenges along the way though. :/ I'm also getting sick with a cold. I think I got it from hugging one of the Assistants at Zone Conference because I noticed afterward that he was sniffling a bit. Definitely feeling some opposition here but the good news is that something flippin awesome is bound to happen sometime soon.
Well I gotta be getting off. Theres tons of people here and lots are wanting to get on. :/
Love y'all!
~Elder Shain C Wiederholt
1192 Homestead Garden Ct #7
Forest, VA 24551

No comments:

Post a Comment