P.C. to Nicole Rose

Monday, February 28, 2011

What a welcome to Kingwood, WV



Well, Kingwood has proven to be an interesting experiance so far. Yesterday, in a matter of 20 minutes, we had a downpour, thunder and lightning, and then snow...then earlier this morning there was a huge thunderstorm that woke us up about half an hour early(darn it) and its been raining since, with thunder and lightning on and off. On the bright side its getting warmer! :D
The ward here is pretty cool, but really small. It's pretty much a branch. The people in the ward are nice, and we're really looking forward to assisting them in missionary work.


We had a great week last week in terms of finding. They will make great additions to the ward. I'm really starting to appreciate Ashland ward and all the other smaller wards I've been too!



My newest companion is Elder Kevin Allred from Vernal, UT. He's an outdoors kind of guy and loves to hunt and hike and fish. Of course he's taller than me too, I dont think I'll be taller than another one of my companions haha. His parents sent us some buffalo jerky and it was SOOOO GOOD!! mmm :) He's been out one transfer less than I. He's one heck of a missionary though! His trainer was an Assistant to the President before they were together, so he was trained well!
Some pictures I'm sending out:
The last picture of Elder Kelsch and I. We were in the truck about to leave.
Elder Allred looking in our incredibly full fridge for something to eat. haha. I know I was sent tons of food for Valentines day, but I unfortunately had to leave what we hadn't eaten in Russell. :/



The sun came out and was peaking through the window for a couple minutes the other day. We took a joseph smith-esque study picture. Just trying to look on the bright side! ;D



Then our first picture together! I was holding something called a Doogle(i think?) that an investigator gave each of us. Its like a Disney themed snack box. Really good though!
Then a really short stop sign! I was taller than it haha never thought I'd see the day!
I hope all is well! Love y'all and God bless!
~Elder Shain C Wiederholt
202 E High St #3
Kingwood, WV 26537

No comments:

Post a Comment