P.C. to Nicole Rose

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Singles-Awareness Day!

Blech, am I right?
This week we've been doing tons better! Theres one girl who's 13 and a grand daughter of a member, and the member wanted her grand daughter to learn about the church so we're teaching her. I don't know how far thats gonna go cause her grandma probably didnt have baptism in mind, but we'll see how it ll goes.
Then! We prayed hardcore over a couple streets we had in mind and decided to go tract on Fannin Dr. Well, there were only three doors on the entire street, and they were on an apartment building. We decided to tract them anyway and we knocked the first door, and the lady in the second door answered cause she thought we had knocked on her door. As we talked she told us how she felt like she really needed to answer the door and talk to us and then asked us if we have ever had an answered prayer. We were like YEAHA! You know it! We're going back to see her on friday, hopefully she follows through!
I've been finding myself cooking more often over the last couple weeks. We weren't getting fed by members for a while so the other elders asked me to make some hot and spicy stuff up. Well, it turns out I make some really good mexican. Fajitas, tacos and burritos, all hot and spicy! MMM! I shook things up a bit and made some really good burgers the other day. We're all spliting the cost for dinner and stuff, so it only costs a couple bucks a night, so thats good! I'm thinking about making a recipe a friend sent out to me a couple months ago that consists of rice, black beans, spinich and corn, along with some spices, so that'll be cheap, easy and tasty. I've had once before, and it was pretty darn good!
Well, transfers a week from this wednesday. We think that I'm up and outta here, so I'm pretty excited, but at the same time I think I'm gonna miss Ashland, KY! I'm gonna try and ask my new mission president if I can come back and serve here when I'm about to head home. That would be so cool! :D
One picture I'm sending is of a three piece suit that I got for 6 bucks, and it fit me perfectly, so I got it. I should practice more restraint for sure. But its sweet! definitely wearing that to district meeting tomorrow! Then theres a couple of me and a couple of other elders hanging around the truck for exchanges, and then one of the district at district Pday before playing some basketball! :D
Well, til next week! We're gonna go to the church and watch some church videos. "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" is soo good. I stand two inches taller every time I see it, and I need all the help I can get! haha
Love,
~Elder Shain C Wiederholt
1125 St Christopher Dr #48
Russell, KY 41169
or starting next week for about a week:
Elder Shain C Wiederholt
888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314

P.S.
I forgot! The man that got baptized while Elder Moen and I were teaching him got the Aaronic Priesthood last sunday! and then he passed the sacrament for the first time yesterday! I'm sooo proud of him! shoot!
:D
~Elder Shain Wiederholt

No comments:

Post a Comment