P.C. to Nicole Rose

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm alive!

Sorry I couldn't get a chance to email last week! It was transfers and it was super nuts! I did get transferred, and so I up in Clarksburg, WV now with the missionary who greenie-broke me in Russell, Elder Adam Stanley Kelsch. We're having a ton of fun. I'm also living with the missionary that Elder Dumke trained 6 months ago named Elder Maxwell. He's a proffesional Hockey player from Alberta. He lives like 20 minutes from the montana border! The other missionary is Elder Hill. Such a sweet kid, really trying to turn his mission around. He's soo cool! Loves hugs almost as much as I do. I really do miss Charleston though, I got so close to so many of the families there. I guess thats why I would've needed to leave, because that's just what the mission is about.
Things are going really well up here. Ward is really close to the missionaries up here, and so that's cool to have that relationship. We're going to participate in a chili cook-off in a couple weeks before the priesthood session of General Conference, and I'm bringing some awesome chili that I learned how to make in Kingwood. It's gonna be great. The recipe is:
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of chili beans
1 can of pork and beans
a pound of hamburger
tomato sauce
Mild Salsa
onion(opt)
Cayanne pepper(ground or chopped, opt)
brown the hamburger, and put it in a crockpot with everything else, then let it simmer for an hour or two, stirring occasionally.
We're making it today with the spicy stuff. I was testing the heat coming off of it to see if it warmed up at all before we came here, and it wasn't hot at all, so I washed my hands and we left. I rubbed my nose, and its ON FIRE. I can't wait, its gonna be so good! Haha I'm once again the only missionary in the place that knows how to cook a lot, and likes to cook. Everyone else likes to eat though, so we have a deal that if they buy most of the stuff, I'll cook it. It's a good deal. Especially since we get fed a lot, it gives us that extra money we save from dinners to be able to actually make breakfast and lunch. :D
Things here are rocking. We have some people really working hard for baptism. One guy is down in Phillipi(Phillip-ee). The senior couple down there dont like to teach, so we picked up the investigator that was progressing from when there was Elders there. Also a mom and a daughter that we found my first day here. Also! Kim Morris, who my companion and I baptized in Kingwood a year ago, is living here, and her parents were just baptized a little over a week ago! Rockin!
Well, thats about all that is really going on right now. It's pretty sweet. Love ya!
Love,
Elder Shain C Wiederholt
790 Locust Ave
Clarksburg, WV 26301
or
888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, Wv 25314

No comments:

Post a Comment