P.C. to Nicole Rose

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tender Mercies


Things are really starting to pick up. Not just in success, but just in the business of our schedule. We are going to do exchanges with 4 other companionship's over the next week, and attend 3 district meetings. The Holidays really have taken a toll on a lot of missionaries, and the lack of progress in their area's hasn't been helping. We're really trying hard to figure out how we can help all of them to see success in their missions and get things moving in their areas. I like being busy, but it's tiring. It's especially crazy to think that this transfer is 2 thirds of the way done already, too. Before I know it, I could be off!
Just a fun story of the week. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I was on an exchange with the missionaries in Spencer, WV and so I came here to Charleston with the missionary thats being trained there right now. We were determined to see miracles happen. We started to work, and like nothing was happening. We were completely shafted by a family that we were excited about teaching and so I was down about that. We continued working hard and we tried a follow-up across the river in a town called Kanawha City. She fell through and we went back to the call, and I remembered that our Mission President committed un to do 2x2x2's in Zone Leader Council. A 2x2x2 is when we go to a follow-up or something, and knock on two doors on both sides of the house, and then 2 across the street. One lady invited us back, and another took a Book of Mormon and asked us to come back that weekend. We visited her last night, and she's SWEET! Her family is incredibly prepared for the gospel. I swear that God is watching out for us because jsut the things that these people have gone through in their lives are exactly what my companion and I have gone through and that allows us to connect with them, and help them build a greater love and faith in Christ. Essentially, I'm stoked!

In a couple weeks, I'll be meeting my 4th general authority during my mission. Elder Peiper of the the 70 is coming to tour the mission, and he's inviting me to speak in front of a good half or two thirds of the mission, and interview my companion and I individually along with others. I'm way excited. We're all studying out of a scripture list that our mission president and assistants came up with. We're reading 2 Nephi 1-6; 28-33, Mosiah, Alma 1-42, 3 Nephi 9-End, 4 Nephi 1:1-18, Mormon, and Moroni 6-10. I've got smaller references read and studied, but I gotta get to work on Mosiah, Alma and 3rd Nephi. It's gonna take some hard work, for sure!
Well there hasn't been a whole lot going on. Just a lot of Tender Mercies from Heavenly Father that keeps this work going. Love yall!
~Elder Shain C Wiederholt
888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314

No comments:

Post a Comment