P.C. to Nicole Rose

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finding the elect!



I have got to say, I love West Virginia. Just today, I have seen like 5 people that we pass on the highway just in full action of picking their nose. Not even kidding! Hahahaha, maybe they just had an itch, i dont know. I can't judge. Anyway, these people rock. It's really funny how people out west always dream of people in West Virginia as just sitting on a porch plucking at the banjo, drinking moonshine and inbreeding. I'd be a lier if I said that it didnt happen, but it all happens down in Boone county. haha. Charleston is quite normal(normal being like Portland) and the people rock. I really do love it here. There's a family here that has a 3 year old who absolutely loves me. We were sitting next to them in sacrament, and te kid realized I was there, and ran at me and essentially tackled me in Sacrament. Hahaha. Soooo funny!
Elder Peiper told us last week that he was essentially sent here from Salt Lake to tell us that each companionship could find, teach and baptize someone before the end of the transfer. We're going to be doing a lot of fasting and praying over the next month to help us have enough faith to do this. We're gonna have to really work our butts off! It's all going to be alright though.
We have an investigator who's currently paying his debts to justice in jail, and we've been able to teach him there. We just found out this week that he's getting out soon and going back to his mom's house in Parkersburg! Sure, that's not our area but its crazy how quick you learn that it's not about the numbers and teaching someone for the sake of baptizng them, but that we actually learn to care for these people. He's way cool! He's read the quad like 10 times over the course of like 6 years he's been in jail, and has read through all the presidents of the church books. He's also read the comprehensive(I can't even spell the word!) history of the church.

I'm also sending some pictures of Us at chirstmas, and playing basketball and some other stuff. I actually do the dishes! Can you believe it?!
Love yall!
~Elder Shain C Wiederholt
888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314

No comments:

Post a Comment