P.C. to Nicole Rose

Monday, August 15, 2011

Lynchburg is sweet!

I love it here. The ward is BIG. And super supportive. They feed us daily and so it's really weird for me to go shopping and not have to buy anything for dinner! It's really awesome. I am getting used to driving a Malibu however. It's quite a bit smaller than a truck. Apparently we're going to be getting a Jeep compass next transfer though, because our car is over 50000 miles now. I'm pretty stoked.
Elder Richard is a great missionary. He's been out for just over 6 months, and really quiet, so I'm not really used to that yet, but hopefully I can get him to talk more. He's from Alpine, UT and he knew Elder Kelsch(my second companion) back home and in high school. He works hard and knows the area well. Sometimes thats the curse. I feel like he's treating me like someone who came in and disrupted what he and his last companion had going on sometimes, and that he's the boss because he knows the area better. I think we both know however that isnt how its supposed to work. I was the same way with Elder Kelsch when he came to Russell, so hopefully we can fix this before it starts effecting the work.
There was a less active member that we met at Walmart up in Kingwood one day, and it was completely random. We started visiting him and got to know him well, then he moved to a small town just outside our area. BUT! His brother and sister in law are in my ward here. They're soo cool! His brother is recently re-activated and his sister in law was baptized. They're both way legit. It's crazy how God will place us in certain places to that we can help entire families. Sooo crazy how that happens. Just builds my testimony more.
Well, love yall! I hope yall have a great rest of the summer as it comes to an end!
~Elder Wiederholt
1192 Homestead Garden Ct
Forest, VA 24551
Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment