P.C. to Nicole Rose

Monday, August 1, 2011

I feel happy...



And I dont know why, but its kinda wierding me out.
Really quick, just some pictures and a pretty cool video attached. Hopefully it all sends. The video is of something called a Tractor-pull, something definitely not in Oregon. It turns out that, as you can see in the video, the hole in the Ozone is actually over Oakland, Maryland. That video is of one tractor of many, 22 seconds over about 3 hours worth of Semi's, tractors, raised trucks and more. It was awesome. I also know that if this happened in Oregon, there would be people hanging in the streets. Pictures of us with some glow in the dark hats my Aunt Teddie sent us, Me with The Freeland family(we baptized Jeff and hopefully his wife will follow soon) and then us with Zac Lowery, a member who moved into the area for a month, then moved out again.
All the sudden over the last couple days I've been having a lot better time, and things have been better. It hasnt been so hot, and I've been really trying to show more charity and patience and stuff like that, which inevidentily just makes everything better. Also I'm really starting to get into the scriptures. Everything is so awesome. Everyone says this is a hard area, and its true. Everyone challenges your beliefs if youre not a regular christian(aka if your not mormon or jehovahs witness), and the more theyre challenged for me the stronger my beliefs get. Not that I'm bashing, I'm really trying to hold off on that, but once a muscle is torn down, it grows stronger.

Also I gotta say that I'm super thankful that all my companions so far have been erally patient and longsuffering with me. I have realized more and more of a hard head I am. As the Lord describes Israel in Isaiah(one of the first few verses of the first few chapters. I read that a few weeks ago), I have a neck of iron sinew. It's true, I tend to not budge too much. I'm working on that though. I swear!
It seems like that lately I've been doing a lot of changing. I suppose its about time, but I'm really starting to push myself and work harder. Not exactly tracting working hard or anything, but really just learning what I need to learn and applying it. Of course we're working, but it's slowed down since in my last 6 months here we've just about knocked every door in our area. We have a couple streets left, but we're doing a TON of Less-active work lately.
Well, I got some other stuff I gotta do really quick, and I sure do love yall! I saw some pictures from the beaverton 3rd ward get-together, and those seemed like it was an awesome time! I'm sad I missed it and hope that it'll happen again shortly!

~Elder Shain C Wiederholt
888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314

No comments:

Post a Comment