P.C. to Nicole Rose

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Transfers week!



Well, I am going to Lexington, VA! It's like right next to Buena Vista, and I'll be working in a good sized family ward, and with a lot of the students in the Summer when the student wards consolidate. I'll also be training. I'm incredibly excited because the Zone Leader area in Lexington is being split up as well, and my new companion and I will be doubled into the area. The church has also set up a singles stake there, the first out side of Utah. We're going to be working a lot with the new stake president specifically.

I am kind of sad to be leaving Clarksburg, and my calling as a Zone Leader. I'm trying to get used to the fact that I wont be seeing a good chunk of all the missionaries that I know until after the mission sometime. That part really stinks, and also I ally enjoy teaching the missionaries, but alas, these things do come to an end, and others must come in and continue to build up the mission. I'm just getting to old for this! Haha
I found a really awesome guy here last week. His name is Eric Liller, and he has got to be the most prepared man I've ever met. He enjoys reading the Book of Mormon, and will tell us all about what he's read in great detail. We gave him a quick church tour shortly before church started on sunday(oh yea, and he came to church!) and he pointed out the painting of Joseph Smith getting the priesthood. He explained it to us! He even used the word Melchezidic! I know the name is in the Bible, but people hardly know how to say it, IF they know what it is or where it is in the Bible. We're really excited for him. We also found a spanish family, so we're gearing ourselves up for that. We need some spanish supplies first. Haha

A member gave us a whole bunch of animal pelts. I took the Raccoon one. It's pretty sweet. Elder Kelsch took a fox pelt.

Pictures:
One of Us figuring out how to change the tire. They keep popping on us! Where ever I go! Also One of Elder Kelsch and I with an investigator's daughter and her friends. The daughter is on the right side of the picture. For some reason, the boy was in a dress. It was possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen. Another one of us with our guts. I need to start doing more sit ups in the morning, and a little less Taco Bell. OH! We went fishing last pday! And I caught the first fish and thats my trophy! Haha My companion says that I totally look like someone from Oregon. Maybe its the sweet Oregon shirt that I got on :D

Love yall!
~Elder Shain Wiederholt
888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314

No comments:

Post a Comment