P.C. to Nicole Rose

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

rainy and windy


So we've been doing great in Kingwood. All of our appointments fell through this week, so we had the opportunity to go knocking a lot. It was really windy and rainy, and apparently there were tornado warnings all week, but we didnt know a thing about them. Go figure, hmm? Well obviously we didnt need to worry about them here otherwise we would've heard about them. Plenty of people were really nice and let us in out of the rain and wind and fed us lunch and things. Several asked us to come back, but we dont know if theyre interested or not.
So funny story. Yesterday we were driving to church, about 8 in the morning, going 50 down the street(which is actually below the speed limit) and just trying to make it to Ward Council in time. All the sudden, a small bunch of small birds flew out and landed on the road right in from of the truck, about 2 seconds before I got there. I had several thoughts go through my head like: should I swerve into their flight bath? should I honk? I cant slow down in time, should I just speed up? Well, of course, by the time all these thoughts ran through my head, I had already plowed them under. I felt bad, but my companion told me that they deserved it for being that dumb. I've learned an important lesson: Joseph Smith said that we can't progress until we end the unneccessary killing of God's creatures. Even if they're suicidal. Just kidding about the feeling bad part, we laughed for the next 10 minutes of driving to the church. :D
This week we also helped a less active family to paint a room in their home. We've been trying forever to convince them to call us if they needed anything, and it took her breaking her foot and losing her mom, and him getting heart surgury to finally call us. Thats what the picture is about. Elder Allred kalked some corners of the room. We did a pretty good job! Then, they fed us BBQ church and steak as a "payment." It was pretty darn good eatin. OH! Jeff, the man getting baptized on the 30th, gave us a bunch of deer meat. Just fyi, deer steak fajitas rock!!
Well, thats pretty much all that really happened this week. Til next week! Love y'all!
~Elder Shain C. Wiederholt
303 E. High St #3
Kingwood, WV 26537

No comments:

Post a Comment