P.C. to Nicole Rose

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keeping on the work!



Another great week, as always. I think I've figured out a cycle of how bad weeks and good weeks come about. They seem to just take turns. Haha, it really keeps things interesting. We're really trying hard to work with the member lately. Tracting hasnt exactly been turning out too hot, so we figured there was a reason for that and decided to try something else. Our ward is seriously like three-fourths inactive, so we're going through each of the "cities" in our area every weekend and trying to get back in contact with the Less Actives or Inactive Members. Some success, but most of the time people arent even home, or not LDS anymore. We came across a lady who became Jewish recently.
..
We haven't had too many members feeding us this last week, and also dont really have any this week, but the good news is that it forces us to learn how to cook better. We had our district sleep at our apartment two nights ago because we had Zone Conference yesterday and just carpooled nice and early to Huntington. It was easier on the miles for everyone that way. Either way, they DESTROYED my kitchen! I made it all clean and pretty and cleaned the Microwave for the first time in what was probably months. If my manager at DQ saw what it was before I cleaned it, I would be in sooooo much trouble. So I cleaned the kitchen, and now its dirty again, and so I have to clean it again. The next step is the bathrooms. Not that theyre bad, but they just need to be cleaned. Then the other rooms. It's sort of ironic how organized I like the house to be, when my study desk is an utter disaster.
OH. Elder Moen and I have to go on exchanges every week with another companionship in the district cause Elder Moen is the District Leader, so I get to go teach all over the place. I was in Huntington last week with one of our Zone Leaders and we drove through Marshall University! I love that movie! Also, in the beginning of the movie when theyre in the theater, I found that theater. Oooh snap. The Elder I was with, Elder Stanovich, is from Astoria, OR. He's pretty sweet. Everyone guessed we would get along, I wonder why? He's a convert as of two years ago and is incredibley knowledgable. He reminds me a lot of my good friend Anthony Henry for more than one reason. Hahaha. Talks like him, walks like him and has the same interests in art and stuff. He doesnt complain nearly as much, amongst other things, but I still love them both. Great people. haha.

This next week we're quite busy. I'm going to help out in the Olive Hill Branch tomorrow for our exchanges. Of course everything interesting that can happen is happening when I'm gone. Elder Moen and the other Elder have been invited to discuss with a Nazarene Minister and have lunch with him. Can't wait to see how that turns out.
Well, I forgot we have to do a survey, til next week!
~Elder Wiederholt
1125 St Christopher Dr #48
Russell, KY 41169

No comments:

Post a Comment