P.C. to Nicole Rose

Monday, November 8, 2010

Green never breaks

Well, while I've been out here I've definitely learned a lot. First day I was out here I said I was green and the member said "Well, the green stick never breaks." He had no idea where that came from, but we love how wise it was! Also, in church I finally met the ward and stuff and when I was introducing myself in priesthood I said I was green and someone said that I was the greenest thing out here! Hahahaha. Thanks to Fall its true, all the trees are now barren :/ but I did get some pictures of the pretty leaves!
We're definitely experiancing God's hand in our work. We had to clean out all the old food from past missionaries and found stuff that expired in 2001. We had a virtually empty kitchen. This last week we have eating with plenty of members, and the bishop and members keep bringing food over. We essentially dont have to go shopping this week! I just need Orange Juice. haha. A couple days ago we were tracting and every other house, although not interested, stood on the porch and talked with us for 5 or 10 minutes! I love those kinds of people! There was one guy who has a pet deer and we got pictures feeding it! Soooo cool!

Theres like 2 accupunturists in the ward, and both use alternative medicines and techniques. It's incredible. Bro Bea, he talks a lot about how the mind controls sickness and stuff, and he really good. Elder Moen had a headache and Bro Bea touched his arm and it went away. I'm farely certain he could touch my arm and make my bowels relax...hahahaha I'll be careful! For sure!

It turns out that most of our progressing investigators are all girls our age. Not our fault! I swear! Young people out here are all open minded, and theres not a lot of them. Mostly older people, who are all older and set in their beliefs.

I'm sending some pictures! Theres one of me feeding the deer. Then one with Elders Glenn and Weitz. Elder Glenn is from Ellensburg, WA, and Elder Weitz is from Billings MT! Oooh yea. Then we took a picture of us knocking at an abondoned house. The last one is a Van like from Scooby Doo! It was at a baptist church and had a bunch of scriptures on it.

Til next time! :D

~Shain

Elder Shain C Wiederholt
1125 St Christopher Dr #48
Russell, KY 41169

No comments:

Post a Comment