P.C. to Nicole Rose

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Especially for Youth!

Well, some pretty cool stuff is starting to go on. It's nice for a change. We've spent the last two fridays teaching at EFY, which is the church's summer youth camp, available through out the states. It's been a really cool experience because when I heard that I was going to being here in Buena Vista for EFY, I'll admit it, I said a little bit of a prayer that there would be a missionary day that we would be involved in. Well, on Elder Confer's last day, we happened to run into one of the administrators. She told us that EFY was doing something new this year. They were cutting out one of the two days of class, and doing a missionary day. They invited us to come for an hour and to teach the kids how to share the gospel with their friends, but not to be overbearing or seem SUPER religious and scare their friends off. It's been awesome. We get to do it again and for the last time on Friday. I'm hopefully going to get a picture with some of the councilors that I've met too.

Also, we're finally starting to teach our investigators a second time. It's good to teach someone, then come back and see that they haven't gotten blasted with Anti from their Baptist preacher or something. I cant stand it when that happens, but I guess its gotta. This is a sweet area, but hopefully things can pick up a little bit more as far as teaching goes. We're getting bored. Haha. We're running out of streets to tract, and we've visited most of the Less Actives and former investigators. I'm really hoping that President doesnt pull us out, but it might need to happen if things dont pick up. :/

I hope all is going well. I cant believe that July is almost over! Gah!!! That means Fletcher goes home soon!!!

Love, Elder Wiederholt
888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314

No comments:

Post a Comment