P.C. to Nicole Rose

Monday, May 7, 2012

lovin virginia!


Well some pretty sweet stuff is really starting to go on here in the good ole virginia. We really are out in the middle of no where though. It seems that my calling in life is to train new missionaries in the boonies. Haha. Nothing wrong with that though. I really do love it here. Lexington is like the ONE area that I really knew about before my mission, and the ONE area that I wanted to come to before I came out. So it's truly a blessing to be here. The people here are so sweet. The members are awesome too. The ward is really diverse. We have a world famous author who also does stuff for Sports Illustrated, and we also have people who cant read. We have farmers and we have lawyers, people from Germany, Utah, Canada, Africa, the Philippines, and even Oregon! This place rocks! Speaking of Oregon, I took a picture with the dreads and hat thing from Jamaica that I got my birthday, with my Oregon shirt and sweet shades. I thought it would be somewhat appropriate.

We just found a guy thats about 20, and is from Mexico. He doesnt speak a lick of English, and understands just a little. We got a return appointment and gave him a Spanish Book of Mormon and Restoration pamphlet. We taught him the next day, and we brought a lady in the ward who can speak spanish. It was a sa-weet lesson. We would really just tell the member what to teach, and she would teach it. So she did all the talking, and it made it really one-on-one with the investigator. Something really awesome is that he read parts of the Book of Mormon down in Mexico, and has been to church before with some friends down there. He was since lost all contact with those friends, but he remembers the good feelings he had at church. He now takes the Book of Mormon with him to work and reads when he gets frustrated so that he can feel calm. Soo cool! We left him a movie called "The Testaments" and he said that he would watch it, since he can watch it in Spanish, and it'll give a little bit of the story that's in the Book of Mormon.

We had a really sweet experience last night as well. We were at a family's place for dinner, and they had some friends over as well. The man that was over, was not a member of the church, but his wife is. He's also not terribly happy with the church for whatever particular reason, and so we decided to really take it easy. We had dinner, and the Krouts, who fed us, were really interested in my last name, and said that they would do some genealogy research on my last name and the name of my father, which is Liffring. They're professional genealogists, so I was stoked for the offer. Also, for our though, we watched one of the Bible Videos, about the Easter message and showing bits and pieces of Christs life, really highlighting the atonement, crucifixion and resurrection. We then shared a verse form the Book of Mormon: Omni 1:26 "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved." The spirit was way strong, and we ended with singing a hymn, I believe in Christ. It was way sweet.

Sure do love yall!

~Elder Shain C Wiederholt
2754 Maple Ave C-9
Buena Vista, VA 24416


888 Oakwood Rd Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314


No comments:

Post a Comment