P.C. to Nicole Rose

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Second Week!

This last week has gone by incredibley fast. Next Tuesday, the 19th, we'll be leaving the MTC at 4am to fly to Detroit and then to Charleston, and get there about 3 oclock. We've been learning a lot and I had to get a tutor because apparently some survey I took said that I couldn't understand scripture well enough, but it really helped me get ahead in memorizing scriptures and explaining them to investigators. Theres another district next to our classroom with more kids going to Charleston, including 3 sisters and 2 more elders. Elder Glenn and Elder Wiess, then Sister Badger, Sister Lowe and then one more sister whose name escapes me. They're all pretty cool although I haven't had much of a chance to talk to the sisters yet.
Last week we went to the Temple and I learned a lot and all that cool stuff, but I got really excited when the guy at the front desk asked where I was from because I reminded him of his grandson. I told him Portland and he asked if I knew Napoleon Dynamite and I said that I knew of him. That man is John Heders Grandfather. Mind blown.
We've been doing a lot of roleplaying and stuff and its really fun to try out different personalities and really test some elders here. Elder Seymour tends to always pretend he's smoking or drink, so with him we always practice saying "sorry sir, maybe another time."
The food is good, and it really doesnt give tons of gas. I guess it depends on what you eat and drink, but when we do have it, its usually at night when we're getting ready for bed and we all just laugh about it. It's fun to experiance our inner childhood again. haha
In our lessons we've been learning about questions of the soul like "Who's God?" "Where do I come from, what am I doing here and Where am I going?" as well and other like "How does the gospel apply to me and my family?" I'm getting really good with scriptures for everything including these and I love discussions when I just keep em coming. So awesome. Next thing I gotta work on is my humility since I've always had a problem with it.
In the MTC, we're not able to hook up a card reader to these computers and send home pictures, but for sure when I get out in the field. I'm sure it'll be much easier then.
Til next time!
~Shain
Elder Shain Wiederholt
MTC Mailbox #157
WV- CHAR 1019
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

No comments:

Post a Comment